Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Sunday Stroll in Capo Mulini

The weather finally turned out to be nice today, so I decided to take some pictures of the local sights around Capo Mulini, the area where I live. The rocks in the background are called the Cyclops Rocks from the story of Odysseus and the Cyclops. Gwen told me all about it since she teaches the epic in her class.

I didn't realize that Mount Etna was this close to where I live. It is an active volcano and when I took this picture today you could see smoke coming out of the vent.

This is just a street in Capo Mulini. These two lanes of traffic become four lanes in heavier traffic.

Another picture of the rocky coast

Street in Capo Mulini

This bench is down from my house. I saw it on the first day I took a walk down to the water. Told Gwen that this would be our place when she comes. A very peaceful place.

Just another picture of the beautiful water - there were people fishing and scuba diving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment