Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rain, Practice,Canceled Practice, Meetings....

Well, I have been in Catania for a week now and beginning to adjust. The weather is not the best - thought we were having a hurricane on Monday. Rain like I've never seen and a wild ocean. Walked down to take some pictures but didn't have the memory card so I have none. Spend most of the days with three guys - Joe, Brandon, and Robert. Feel like the old show "My Three Sons".  Meeting on Tuesday night with owner and coaches and then dinner. Didn't venture out - pizza tonight. This is a good place - taking Gwen there when she comes. This late dinner - 10:00 - is not my usual routine. Wednesay brought more rain and then canceled practice. The rest of the week looks better - sunshine tomorrow, a trip with Robert to the Naval Air Station, and watching the Super Bowl on Sunday at the NAS.  We will be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday at 2:00 a.m. on the big screen television. Now that is a sports fan. In exchange for getting to watch the Super Bowl our team - the Catania Elephants - will go out to the base to have a camp for the kids at the end of February or the first part of March.  Seems like a good exchange. Then I am planning on going to church at the Calvary Baptist Church on Sunday. Supposed to get a meal after church - free lunch for all singles. That's me. The driving over here scares me! I have been driving but you have to a defensive driver - red lights are just suggestions. And the horns are always honking! Hopefully the rain will stop and I will be able to get out and see some more of the city and post some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Is the fishing any good down in the rocks? Question by dr. Stark

    ReplyDelete