Saturday, February 5, 2011

Driving in SIcily


Got hungry so I had to go to the grocery store. Not Kroger for sure but did come home with something other than apples. Found some bread, turkey ( I think that is what I bought) chips, diet coke, and iceberg lettuce. Not too bad for my first trip out. But now I have something to eat around the house. Gwen asked what I wanted when she came - fried chicken. Can't wait! I'm adding a picture of the car that parked next to me at the store. Smaller than a smart car. Looked like a go cart with tires. With gas at $8 a gallon, everyone over here drives small cars. You have to if you are going to drive - streets are all very narrow and curve around so it is hard to get around. sometimes you think you are going to hit the walls  or the car next to you. People step out from between cars right out in front of cars. They get hit and just keep going. When I drove to practice today, I followed Gus - one of the Italian players - and even he got lost on the way. Some of the streets don't have names at all so it's not hard to lose your way. But I have found that if I drive downhill I can always find my way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment