Sunday, February 13, 2011

A New Church and New Friends






Today I visited Calvary Baptist Churh which ministers to the Naval Air Station folks. I was so proud of myself for finding it. It was good to be able to be with believers here. Allen Hamilton is the pastor and I really enjoyed the sermon today. There was a small group there but felt a part right away. After church I got to stay for lunch. A couple in the church - he is in the military and she is from Spain - cooked lunch for a few of us single folks. IT WAS GREAT!!! She fixed chicken parmagina (?) mixed vegetables and mashed potates. First real vegetables I have had since I have been here. I told the preacher that the sermon was good but if they fed me real food every Sunday I would be back for sure. Next week we are having ribs! Good old Baptists! On the way back home I took some pictures which I am posting. A different view from driving to Dallas for church that's for sure. They even sent me home with some kind of green tea. See I am trying some new stuff over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment